Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Database is a Must for Pesticide Safety




All pesticide industry professionals treasure pictures of farmer meetings. I love the one above most especially because the statue in the background is of one of my lifetime heroes. I would like to follow in the footsteps of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and devote my life to the cause of my under-privileged Indians.

That is why I am distraught about Naresh Kumar pictured below. 


You can read about him in my post of August 14, 2008 in this web log. I made my aloe-vera disinfectant gel with his swollen cheeks and burning back in mind. Though I have never sprayed a neonictinoid, I have plenty of first-hand experience of the hazards of synthetic pyrethroids. I am certain that my gel can help Naresh. Besides, I want him to have a protective-gear set offered on generous subsidy by Excel Crop Care Limited. 

Naresh was missing from our pesticide safety meeting in Bawana on the 04th of this month. We could not reach his mobile either. I have realized that a database of all farmers and spraymen is vital if our meetings are to be of any use.

I am grateful to my friends Sharma and Gaur, pictured below with two other spraymen. They will help me locate Naresh when they next visit Tanda, and will arrange for as many spraymen as we can find to participate in my pesticide safety initiatives on a regular basis. 









No comments: