Saturday, August 9, 2008

Top Class Pesticide Safety Change Agent Profile















I dedicate today's post to Shri Raj Singh s/o Bharat Singh from village and post office Nangal Thakran on the outskirts of Delhi (pincode 39). I met him on the 05th of August 2008. He hosted a very pleasant lunch. I look forward to working with him again on the 04th and 05th of next month.

Why is Shri Raj Singh the kind of resource the world needs for pesticide safety? First, he is a man of unimpeachable integrity. He is determined to serve society, and takes on the most daunting of challenges with a smile.

His clarity and vision on pesticide matters are astute. Email me at sochiye.pesticidesafety@gmail.com for an audio record of my interview with him. I also met Shri Rishi Pal Arya with Shri Raj Singh. Arya is a knowledgeable cultivator, but a teacher as well. He had to rush to take a class, so my interview and photograph will have to wait until my next Bawana trip. I hope to visit the area every month to start a pesticide safety and rural health services project. I will report on progress at this web log.


No comments: